Saturday, July 30, 2011

Seedlings

Before I finished reading the "Artist's Way" or before I started reading the "Answer" I wrote a little story while writing my morning pages. I wrote about how an idea is like a tiny seedling baby tucked away in the dark and squishy safety of it's mother's uterus. Growing stronger day by day unbeknown to anyone much like an idea evolves in the mysterious nooks of the brain. It grows stronger and more complex and arrives only when ready. Prompting an idea to come out too soon may cause unnecessary risks. Sure we can force it out into the world, but it will be incomplete, struggling, fighting for air.

It was such a great revelation to pick up the "Answer" and read about the Law of Gestation, and how once we plant an idea we must let it grow. We have to nourish it and work the garden but we can't keep digging it up to check if it's growing or pluck it prematurely. And yesterday reading the "Artist's Way" I read this: "What we do not realize is that brainchildren, like all babies, should not be dragged from the creative womb prematurely. Ideas, like stalactites and stalagmites, form in the dark inner cave of consciousness."

I think this was one of my best revelations. I REALLY do know what I KNOW. And if I trust my inner guide and be patient once I plant my seed, well, then anything is possible. All I have to do is trust that it will grow and help it in any way it needs without disturbing it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment